Saturday, October 24, 2009

After a D&C?

I had a D%26C a week ago...due to a missed miscarriage. =(
I bled while I was still at the hospital...but other than that I've had just slight spotting and went several days without bleeding...until yestererday. I started exercising...(running about 3 miles) and I started bleeding. The same thing happened today. Do you think this is normal? Could I be harming anything?

Also- I've had no pain at all. I still seem "bloated" in my lower abdomen. I've heard that pain is caused from the uterus going back to it's original size. Does this mean that my uturous isn't going back to normal yet? Is this normal??
Answer:
Your body is still adjusting to the change in your hormones. Depending on your gestation (length of pregnancy- how far along) your uterus may still be somewhat enlarged. Because the uterus is so vascular and adjusting to the lost pregnancy any increase in activity can cause breakthrough bleeding. I would back down on the exercise and discuss it with your OB.
The bleeding is your body's way of saying slow down. This is a normal sign seen with most pts after giving birth. Sorry I can't quote a source. Good luck, sorry for your loss.
Also if you are still grieving your miscarriage, most hospitals have groups that meet to discuss feelings after a loss. Call your local hospital education department or Obstetrics for information.
Sometimes when a doctor does a DNC they miss some. I have worked in a hospital where I have seen maybe 5 girls come back for a repeat DNC because of similar symptoms like your having. Call your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Womens Health Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net