Saturday, October 24, 2009

After a hysterectomy, will I still to through menopause?

I had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and they left my ovaries. Will I still go through menopause later in life?
Answer:
yes. in my opion?
When my mom had her hysterectomy she went into immediate menopause.
No you shouldnt but everyone is different. You may go through it. You may only have a few symptoms or you may not have it at all anymore. I hope it's the last one for you.
yes you will still go through menopause maybe even sooner than normal since you had a hysterectomy.
From personal experience, I went through a short period of intense menopause symptoms (the night sweats were horrible) which leveled off after about 6 weeks. Then I went through another menopause at 50, a little earlier than my mom. I pretty much sailed through it though. Hysterectomy was at 48 due to cervical cancer and they left my ovaries also. I feel for you. Take good care of yourself.
Definitely yes, you will undergo menopause and expect that you will experience an early menopause because a woman who had one ovaries removed had the chances that she will experience menopause early. This is because disorders and diseases of the reproductive system that cut the fertility short are the common causes of early menopause. Anyways, if you wanted to know why you still go through menopause just try to find it here http://www.hotflashfreedom.com/menopause...
You are now officially "Surgically Menopausal".

Menopause is the cessation of menstruation. Now that you have no uterus, you will not menstruate.

What you are concerned about is the hormonal imbalance that will result. Yes, you will go through hormonal changes as your ovaries begin to cease functioning.

Keep in mind... ultimately, your estrogen production will drop only 40-60%, and your progesterone production will drop to nearly zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Womens Health Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net