Saturday, October 31, 2009

Am i alone??

alright, so i absolutely dread getting my period. I only use light pads, and I have to change them every hour and a half. I have to wake up 3 times a night to go to the bathroom and i have to sleep on my side so my period doesnt leak. I cant even do normal stuff during the day--i usually stay home because i dont want to go out and have to use the bathroom so often. I also dont do sports or anything during my period and try to plan around it. i always have to stay in weird/awkward positions so that it stays on the pad and im so SICK of it. any advice?
Answer:
Either use bigger pads at least at night or use tampons...
use tampons
try depends
try tampons - and don't let your period ruin your life for a week
Tampons--they will change your life.
well use regular pads for one thing.. u could also use a tampon w/ a light pad...
you shouldnt put your life on hold when you have your period. if it does get on your underwear its no big deal.. Just wash it in the sink w/ cold water and soap at the end of the day
I do have that problem sometimes and I just wash them out and go on
I was like that when I first started. I suggest tampons, they changed everything. I could even go swimming!
why don't you try using tampons or one of those pills that cause you to get your period only four times a year. One is called SEASONALE. Best of luck
i wouldnt use light pads because u have more of a chance of to leak . i would do sports cuz it regualates ur period and it helps with cramps if i dont run i my period i get bad cramps , i did wrestling for school on mine .
I'll give you 'half' of what you say you 'must do' ... but you do need to be more 'active' during your period and the answer is to buy HEAVIER pads, and wear 'dark skirts' ... and don't be so 'quick' to change your pads because you will 'smell them' before anyone else. And yes, I got 'sick of it' too ... but just wait until you are past forty and are perimenopausal. Do you have a clue why so many women between the ages of 40-55 wear black pants all the time?
you may have a fibroid or cysts causing the heavy bleeding.need to go and have the doctor look at you.sometimes a d%26c is needed to scrape out the lining so the bleeding will slow down.
Learn to use tampons and/or get a pad for heavier days. There is no reason for your period to halt your life altogether. If your periods are excessively heavy, different pad or not, then tell your mom to take you the doctor as that is not normal.

I suspect your biggest problem is that the pad you're using is far too small for your needs and that's why you have to change so often. A more adequate pad for your amount of flow will increase that to where you change once ever 4-5 hours.

As for overnight, buy the long pads designed for overnight. Trust me, they're amazing.

Hope it all works out for you.
Use a thicker pad?
I've tried the whole light pad only thing but it gets on the underwear too much.

I only hate my period when I'm having bad cramps, when it makes me extremely moody.. or when I'm suppose to sleep next to a guy friend of mine. (That's the worst because 1) spooning with them I feel so awkward and like I should tell them, 2) having to worry about waking up with a stain on the pants)
Use tampons and see your gyncologist to see about getting on the pill its will majorly decrease your flow and make it real predictable ..also greatly decreases the cramping with alot less flow ...
The coil is one of the best ways to solve this problem.
The pill is also used to.
My advice would be to go and see your doctor so you can work out whats the best thing for you..
Use tampons and/or bigger pads.
okay first of all throw the light pads away
use these pads called stayfree maxi
they are maxi super long
they sell them in walmart and theyre so confortable
and with them you can sleep the whole night worry free trust me
light pads arent for the night
and you can play sports with them
its kind of bad to be inactive during your period
just act like you dont have it and you'll get used to it
hope this helps :D
Don't plan your life around your periods. You are going to get them every month for many years and there is no way around that.
I think the best way to not let them interfere with your life so much is by using tampons during the day and those large super/maxi pads at night. If you use the large tampons, you won't have to change them as often and you won't have to worry about how u sit or what you do during the day. The large pads will allow you to sleep uninterrupted cause they will be able to absorb more fluid. If your flow is really heavy, you might have to get up once, but its still better than getting up three times!
If you don't want to use tampons, you can just use large pads with more absorbancy during the day, at least you will have to change it less often. Wear comfortable, tighter underwear during the day and jeans or something so you don't have to worry about the pad being out of place or stains.
Do whatever you would normally do during the day, just make sure you keep pads/tampons with you wherever you go; restrooms exist almost everywhere you go. You have to get used to going out during your period, you can't sit at home for four days every month.
If your periods are really *that much* of a problem, you can get on the pill with which you only get your period four times in a year.
Hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Womens Health Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net